Postpartum Oatmeal Cookies Recipe
Our postpartum oatmeal cookies are more than just a sweet treat – they are a blend of wholesome ingredients carefully chosen to aid in recovery, boost energy, and support lactation. In this recipe, we'll guide you through creating these delicious and purposeful cookies, each bite a gesture of love and care for yourself during this incredible chapter. Let's bake up a batch of comfort and well-being that you truly deserve.
½ cup (115g) unsalted butter softened
1/3 cup (65g) brown sugar
3 tablespoons (40g) granulated sugar
1 large egg room temperature
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
1 ½ cups (188g) of oats
1 cup (125g) all-purpose flour
1 scoop amma360 Postpartum Protein+ Powder
½ teaspoon baking soda
¼ teaspoon kosher salt
1 ½ cups add-ins M&Ms, chocolate chips, nuts
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (177°C).
- In a mixing bowl with the paddle attachment, place the butter and both sugars. Beat on medium speed until light and fluffy, scraping down the sides of the bowl.
- Add egg and vanilla extract and mix for another minute or so.
- Add oats, flour, Protein+ Powder, baking soda and salt. Mix until just incorporated.
- Stir in the add-ins of your choice.
- Using a medium cookie scoop (about 1 tablespoon of dough), shape the dough into 1-inch balls and place 8 cookies per baking sheet. Flatten the cookies slightly.
- Bake the cookies for 8 minutes, or until the edges are set, one sheet at a time. The cookies will look a bit under-baked, but they’ll set nicely once cooled.
- Cool the cookies on the sheet for 5 minutes, then transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
We hope you enjoy this recipe, ammas! Be sure to share your photos and videos with us by tagging @amma360health on Instagram!